Edit Your Product
To edit your product, go to Vendor Dashboard > Products and click on the image of the product you would like to edit. The basic details appear at the top:
- Title – your product title
- Product Type
- Simple – covers the vast majority of any products you may sell. Simple products have no selectable options. For example, a book.
- Variable – a product with variations, each of which may have a different SKU, price, stock option, etc. For example, a t-shirt available in different colors and/or sizes. See Attributes.
- Grouped product – a collection of related products that can be purchased individually and only consist of simple products. For example, a set of six drinking glasses. See Linked Products.
- Downloadable – activates additional fields where you can provide a downloadable file. After a successful purchase, customers are given a downloadable file as a link in the order notification email. This is suitable for example for a digital album, PDF magazine, or photo. See Downloadable Options. For maximum flexibility, downloadable products also incur a shipping cost (if, for example, you were offering both a packaged and a downloadable version of a product, this would be ideal). You can also check the Virtual box if the downloadable product is not shippable.
- Virtual – one that doesn’t require shipping. For example, a service. Enabling this, disables all shipping related fields such as shipping dimensions. A virtual product will also not trigger the shipping calculator in cart and checkout.
- Price – set your regular product price.
- Discounted Price – Only set a discounted price if you intend to offer a discount on the product. You can schedule how long the discount should apply for by clicking Schedule and setting the relevant dates. If you do not want to offer a discount then leave the Discounted Price field empty.
- Category – set the category your product will appear in. If you don’t see a suitable category for you product, contact us and we will create one.
- Tags – set any product tags to help with searches. For example, tag all pink products.
- Short Description – this brief description will appear at the top of your product listing next tot he product images.
- Description – this is a longer description and will appear in the description tab at the bottom of your product listing.
Set your stock control options such as SKU codes and stock status. If you would like to use stock level management then check the Enable product stock management tick box. Here you can set your stock quantity level and choose to allow backorders. Note: to allow backorders, the stock status must be set to In Stock even though the stock quantity is 0 or less.
Here you can configure your downloadable product settings if you have selected Downloadable in the Product Type. To add a file click Add File then complete the following:
- Name – give your file a name.
- File URL – path or URL to your downloadable file. Click Choose File to upload a file (max 24MB) to host from your own store. If you host your file using a third party such as Dropbox or Google Drive then just copy and paste the file URL here.
- Download Limit – limit on number of times the customer can download file. Leave blank for unlimited downloads.
- Download Expiry – enter the number of days before a download link expires, or leave blank for never.
Shipping and Tax
Your shipping zones and costs can be set in your Store Settings see How To Set Up Your Store for more details. Select if your product requires shipping, otherwise shipping costs will not be applied. Setting the weight and dimensions is for customer information only and doesn’t contribute to the calculation of shipping costs. Shipping classes are used by certain shipping methods to group similar products, see How To Set Up Your Store for more details on how to set up shipping classes.
Tax options will appear here if applicable.
Using up-sells and cross-sells, you can cross promote your products. They can be added by searching for a particular product and selecting the product from the dropdown list.
Grouped Products – if you have selected the Grouped Product Type, you can add the products that form a grouped product.
Attributes and Variations
You can set custom attributes that form a specification list of details for your product. Custom attributes can be applied by choosing Custom Attribute from the select box and clicking Add Attribute. Give your attribute a name (e.g., t-shirt brand), and apply the terms attached to that attribute (e.g. Fruits of the Loom). For multiple attributes terms use the vertical pipe to separate them. To show the attribute on the frontend leave the Visible on the product page checkbox ticked. Click Save Attribute.
If your product has multiple options such as size or color, then make sure you have selected the Variable Product Type. This will give you further options in this section. Add your product attributes as explained above and enable the Used for variations checkbox.
Select Add Variation and click Go. This will add a product variation. Select the attributes for that variation or leave as “Any…”. Set any product details that specifically apply to that variation. Important: make sure a price is set for each variation. Click Save Variations when you are done.
Set your bulk discount for this product by checking the Enable Bulk Discount tickbox. Enter the minimum quantity a customer must purchase in order for the bulk discount to apply. Set the bulk discount percentage.
- Product Status – displays the current product status.
- Visible – Visible everywhere, shop pages, category pages and search results.
- Catalog – Visible in shop pages and category pages, but not search results.
- Search – Visible in search results, but not in the shop page or category pages.
- Hidden – Only visible on the single product page – not on any other pages.
- Purchase Note – Enter an optional note to send the customer after they purchase the product.
- Enable Product Reviews – Enable/Disable customers reviews for this item.
That’s your product listed.